Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

My 2006 Mercedes ML 350 will crank but won't start. I just

Customer Question

My 2006 Mercedes ML 350 will crank but won't start. I just had my car serviced a month ago and it was working just fine last night. What do you think could be the problem. I have no codes and no check engine light on
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine does not turn over and the battery is daily new.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mercedes?
Customer: ML 350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to. I called AAA for service but he didn't know what to do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it. It's been working just fine and then all of a sudden this without warning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

do you have a security light on dash flashing or steady on ,while key in igntion and on or start position

do you have one or 2 keys ?

You said there is no fault codes was this done by a mercedes scanner at dealer or an equivalent scanner that is capable of communicating of all the vehicles module in the car not just the engine module , like what most after market scanner can do are limited to engine module for the most part.

please let me know

Chad (aka -jhook1398)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All lights come on, but they come on before I start the car and I only have one set of keys. I took it to the dealer a month ago and regarding a back fire from the engine coil but other then that nothing has happened. A few days ago when I was driving they the desert in 126* a hazard light came on but when it cooled down it went off

but right now it doesn't turn over the engine does not spin , correct?

how many miles

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sprayed starter fluid and the vehicle started up I even changed the relays and now the car starts and stays started. Amazing. But my vehicle has 111,2987 miles on it.

well off course that great I M glad :)

but i recommend changing fuel filter and check the fuel pump pressure since the starting fluid helped ,that tells me the fuel pressure is leaking down when it sits and not holding, spraying starting fluid helped prime the fuel rail, that fuel pump is either weak or it is not holding the pressure in the fuel rail for start up or the fuel filter is partially clogged .

Fuel filter location

This is your fuel pump relay ,

if it happens again that it want start , swap this relay with one like it and see if it starts , if the fuel pump relay is getting stuck intermittently it will do that and not set a code

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)