Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I have a 2002 ML 55 Amg and my cooling fan stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ML 55 Amg and my cooling fan stopped working. Now my car starts overheating all the time since I live in florida
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: I went to a mechanic and he installed a new radiator and since then the problem exists
JA: What is the model of your '02 Mercedes?
Customer: ML 55 AMG
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No but I am going to another mechanic tomorrow and I do not want to ge ripped of again
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I had a problem with my transmission somehow transmission fluid went into the cooling fluid and gooked up the entire cooling system.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, first off check to make sure the fan is plugged in and also the big fuse that is mounted to the positive terminal of the battery.

also see if when the car is off if you can spin the fan by hand, they could have bound it up.