Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

My key is not turning/cranking ignition. Car lights come on

Customer Question

My key is not turning/cranking ignition. Car lights come on radio work. However when I insert key, I am receiving the message please remove your key from ignition
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 C 300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have changed the battery in my key, checked battery with is good fully charged
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it was working fine, got gas came home and parked stuck key back in wouldnt turn over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** that the car battery is fully charged this problem will usually come down to a bad key, a bad electronic ignition switch or a bad electronic steering lock. If you have a spare key you should try that first. If that doesn't work you will need to get the car to the dealer to diagnose the electronic ignition switch and steering lock.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up with you on this question. You never rated my service therefore I never got paid for answering your question. If my answer was helpful I would appreciate it if you would rate my service so I can receive credit from the website.