Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes Benz E 320 Daughter Left Sun roof Open during rain

Customer Question

Mercedes Benz E 320
Daughter Left Sun roof Open during rain storm got wet ! Would not start. Nw starts but will not go into gear. Is this a electronic night mare?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, what usually happens is water gets into the electronic gearshift mechanism and shorts it out. You can try using a blow dryer to dry out the shifter but it may not work. Letting the car sit outside in the hot sun with the roof open might also dry out the shifter. If you have no success you will need to replace the shifter assembly.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up with you on this question. You never rated my service therefore I never got paid for answering your question. If my answer was helpful I would appreciate it if you would rate my service so I can receive credit from the website.