Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My ac compressor is working but blowing hot air out the

Customer Question

My ac compressor is working but blowing hot air out the vents
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi Richard, my name is***** do you know the compressor is working? Have you had pressure gauges on the high and low side fittings?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The clutch is engaged and turning. Hot air is coming out the vents. I tried to reset the climate control but the lights on the defrost and receive button never stop blinking
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Okay, just because the clutch is turning it doesn't mean that the compressor is actually pumping. You should get pressure gauges connected to the system to see if the compressor is working. You may have a bad compressor or not enough refrigerant in the system. Resetting the system won't help if the compressor is engaged. You should also block off the hot water supply to the heater core to rule out a defective heater valve.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do the compressor suppose to run all the time
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Yes, this compressor does not use a clutch. It uses a valve in the compressor to control the refrigerant flow. You need to get the refrigerant level checked and the system pressures checked. You might just need a recharge.

Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi Richard, I'm just following up with you on this question. You never rated my service therefore I never got paid for answering your question. If my answer was helpful I would appreciate it if you would rate my service so I can receive credit from the website.