Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

The trunk of my S500 year 2000 does not open. Everything

Customer Question

The trunk of my S500 year 2000 does not open. Everything else opens with my key remote.
I can not open it manually either .
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it sounds like the trunk lid vaccum element has failed and the system locked out the actuation. in order to open manually you need to insert the key, turn it to the 11 oclock position and while holding it there, pull the trunk handle and the trunk will pop. you can also reset the control module/pump that controls the locks and trunk lid. pull fuse 62 and reinsert it. here is a link to the fuse box and where it is located.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/sa2sx38u3x0ldxy/220%20rear%20sam%20fuse%2062%20pse.jpg

let me know if you get the trunk open and if pulling the fuse resets it, also make sure the fuse is not blown. once the trunk is reset you can close it and listen for air to leak also when you open it, listen for air to leak. hope this helps. Lou P. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.