Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Replace the passenger window regulator and now the window

Customer Question

replace the passenger window regulator and now the window drop down is not functioning
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2009 cls550
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Tried a relearn procedure for automatic windows but don't think its related to what I need.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, so to be on the same page are you talking about the window express down and up feature? or the window auto roll down and up when opening and closing the door?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOOR IT SHOULD DROP DOWN ABOUT 1/2 INCH AND GO BACK UP WHEN DOOR IS CLOSED. ITS NOT DOING THAT SINCE REDULATOR REPLACEMENT.

ok first thing i want you to check is to see if the express up and down feature works

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
EXPRESS WORKS

ok, so when you close the door is the glass lower or higher then it should be

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WE LOWERED IT DOWN SO AS TO NOT TEAR THE RUBBER.

also why did you replaced the regulator?

ok, so if the express up and down works and you are absolutely sure of it then the window should move down with the door opened. so the issue is going to be 1 of 2 things,

1. the small C shaped trim that covers the door panel near the latch is not installed so it doesnt touch the door jamb switch

2. the door jamb switch is broken and fell into the pillar.

check the door jamb switch located just under the small door catch on the pillar.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
CABLE WAS BROKE

gotcha, did you see the last info i sent?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
CHECKING IT NOW

ok good deal

did you have any luck? do you know what trim piece i am talking about? the door panel and trim piece must be installed to trigger the door jamb switch.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
FIXED IT THANK YOU!

Good deal!! Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉

Hello, checking back to see if there was anything else needed for this issue that is keeping you from rating my service? please let me know as i strive for 5 stars and will not be paid for helping until i am rated positively, thanks!