Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have 2007 ml 320 cdi some time it loose the power and runs

Customer Question

Hi I have 2007 ml 320 cdi some time it loose the power and runs like grandmother , engine check light is on they reset the engine light but it comes back code 2626 some kind filter problem shows .
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model of your '07 Mercedes?
Customer: ml320 cdi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: one mechanic tried
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: they change the gaskit on oil pan since engine check came on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code indicates the diesel particulate filter is restricted.This indicates that this filter in the exhaust system needs replaced as it is to restricted to clean with the dpf regeneration that the computer does automatically.This causes the limp mode power you see here.If they did not send your filter off to be cleaned or rebuilt or replaced it this needs done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete