Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Can I install an android phone to my 1999 SL500 stereo/TEL

Customer Question

Hi... can I install an android phone to my 1999 SL500 stereo/TEL button?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't attempted it yet...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, for the older models there is no factory way to hook up a newer telephone. the tel button was only for the mercedes hand held phone and the smaller flip style old motorola v60 styles. let me know if you need more info. but with the old mercedes there are extremely limited or no options . Lou P

if you have any more questions let me know and i will surely advise, Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.