Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a Mercedes R500 my oil sensor keeps coming on telling

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes R500 my oil sensor keeps coming on telling me I need to 2 quarts of oil at the next re-fuel
We have changed the oil level sensor
we ohmed out harness from the oil level sensor
we tightened connection at the level sensor recoded instrument cluster and programmed
I still have the light coming on and today I had a light in red saying stop engine now due to low oil level
Previously my mechanic is telling it's not losing oil
we can't figure it out Help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you with this issues I need to know what year your Mercedes is as well as the engine size. It would also be very useful if you could have them scan the system and see what the fault code is that should be setting when the warning light comes on.