Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

My 2008 sl550 door locks won't lock by pressing the handle

Customer Question

hi,my 2008 sl550 door locks won't lock by pressing the handle and trunk won't open with door switch nor pushing the trunk outside button won't close with power button and the roof won't open when pulling top handle a message trunk partition open ,but its closed trunk only open with the key.
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: no was working fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: was told to disconnect the battery i didn't but i pull all the fuses in engine compartment no avail
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** sounds like your PSE module has failed. You first need to check fuse 71 in the rear fuse box. If the fuse is good you can try reinserting the fuse to see if it will reset the system. If the fuse is blown you will need to replace the PSE module located in the trunk. The module controls all of the functions that are not working on your car.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.