Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I'm trying to change a flat tire it's my drivers side rear

Customer Question

I'm trying to change a flat tire it's my drivers side rear tire and after taking all of the bolts off it looks like there is also another screw underneath where the hubcap is that is holding the tire on?
JA: How many miles are on the tires?
Customer: a couple thousand that's why I was trying to change it
JA: What is the model of your '00 Mercedes?
Customer: 1998 e320
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was hoping so, and we had it all ready to go but the tire wouldn't budge at all no matter how hard we pulled
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** wheel is just rusted to the wheel hub. The best way to break it free is to reinstall the lug bolts but do not tighten them. Screw them in about 3/4ths of the way and then lower the car back down to the ground and rock the car side to side. You can also try sitting on the ground and kicking the bottom of the wheel firmly while it is on the jack but you have to be careful that you don't knock the car off the jack. The only bolts that hold the wheel on are the lug bolts. Once you break the rim free from the hub it will fall off.

Let me know how you make out. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Did you get the wheel loose?

Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I gave you an answer but you never rated my service therefore I was never compensated by the website. Was my answer helpful?