Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

2006 Mercedes E350 4matic radio turns off and on

Customer Question

2006 Mercedes E350 4matic radio turns off and on intermittently
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No the radio still works it just shuts off and turns on could it be a fuse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just happen on the way home
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's it for right now but it's kind of irritating
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually what causes this fault here is the radio over heating internally.Most of these have a small fan built into them and this fan can fail in some cases and cause this issue here and the radio usually needs removed and replaced.In some cases a local electronics repair facility may be able to repair the fault in the radio to correct this as well but in most all cases with the Mercedes vehicles the radio has to be replaced then coded by a dealer or authorized Mercedes repair center to allow the replacement to operate in your vehicle after it is installed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete