Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Is there a way to reset the compressor speed sensor on a

Customer Question

is there a way to reset the compressor speed sensor on a 1992 500sl
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, if the compressor shuts down due to the speed sensor detecting clutch or belt slippage you reset it by turning the car off and back on. There is no Klima relay on the SL. The compressor is activated by the N16 base module located in the module box under the hood on the passenger side.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok is there something to reset in the N16 base module?
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

No there are no resets. If the speed sensor is the problem your compressor clutch will engage for 1 second when you turn the a/c on and then turn off. You should closely monitor the clutch while a helper turns on the a/c or paint a mark on the clutch and see if it moves when you turn the a/c on. If you never get power to the clutch I'd suspect a bad base module or a fault with the wiring to the clutch.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.