Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

What size is the hex wrench used to lower the tool bars? my

Customer Question

what size is the hex wrench used to lower the tool bars? my hex wrench is missing from my owners manual. I need to buy a replacement. Please help!
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 clk 500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i know I can do this. Its happened before. I have looked for the wrench and cannot find it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no just what the size of the wrench is so I can pick one up at Napa
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, you don't use a wrench to lower the roll bar you use a straight rod. Click on the video below for the procedure. This is a difficult job if you are doing it for the first time. An 1/8" rod or even a 1/4" extension will work. You have to feel around for the spring loaded release lever. You will know it when you hit it. Hold the lever down then force the headrest down with your arm.

Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-LQvBNpzU