Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have an S430 sedan. I took it to a car wash this morning

Customer Question

I have an S430 sedan. I took it to a car wash this morning and the young man who was washing the car, broke the top of the sensor cap on top of the car. What is the affect to the car, can it be repaired and how much would it cost?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Hi, are you referring to the shark fin at the top of the back window?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
fin was broken
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Okay, that part is not replaceable separately. You will need to replace the complete antenna which is very expensive. They do sell aftermarket shark fins on ebay that can be adapted and glued over the old antenna. Click on the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-GPS-Antenna-W220-S430-Shark-Fin-S500-replacement-hollow-Cover-Repair-/231916477426?hash=item35ff4c9bf2:g:XB8AAOSwYmZXE7Vo&vxp=mtr

Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Marty