Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 2007 s550. No start after crash. My door locks 't work

Customer Question

My 2007 s550. No start after crash. My door locks don't work and driver window is down. The command lets me turn screen on and it looks like tow away alarm is activated but I turn off it come back on / No instrument cluster powere
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any shorted or damaged wiring or electrical components in the area of the collision.Check for any loose or damaged grounds needing repaired/replaced as well.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No damage to wiring. She hit a pole on right side , airbag drivers was deployed. The told me pre fuse box by starter battety . We took the box out and the 150 and other fuse link. were good . Some one said pyro fuse in the trunk . I cant get the key to even turn in the ignition nor can i operate the doors the key fob has new batteries
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

In the front fuse panel at fuse 1 this should be a 400 amp pre fuse as well as #2 which is the 150 amp pre fuse.Did you make sure the 400 amp #1 was o.k.?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They visually looked goos no signs of heat plus the test light had power and groung at the terminals before we opened pre fuse box , We are regular mechanics this is my first mercedes i bought wrecked .The command center comes on by pushing button and i cycle thru and the tow alarm shield is activated I push to turn off. It goes off then seconds latter re activates. I waitn on the top mecanic to come to work but what do u know about pyro fuse in trunk ,?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I am unable to locate any info on any pyro fuse in the trunk myself on this here so far.If you would like I can open your question up for others to see if they have any info on this fuse possibly or we can continue here now or wait until the top mechanic gets in?

Just let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well i guess i need someone that seen this problem before. The main question would be "Does this mercedes blow a pyro fuse on any orher when the drivers air bag deploys .?" ,For the purpose to short the eletrics for safety
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

No problem,

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, the pyrotechnic separator is on the backside of the metal panel under the passenger front carpet, here is a picture of where it is, you need to check and see if there is power coming out of any of the red wires . once we establish that then we can start elsewhere. Lou P

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks cool will check tomorrow around 11 am east coast . AllData has the pryro fuse in the trunk. My freind thats working it will be at the job tomorrow . Will you be around tomorrow too

i will be yes sir, and as far as alldata lol, its good for american cars not so good with mercedes. i am a dealer trained tech with access to startekinfo so if you need anything i will be here to help, just give me time to reply if you reply. i will always get the email and then i will reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks i was trying to get you intially. We are car mechanics simi retired wish I would have specialize in honda toyota or mecedes. Or bmw that would of been the smart way to mechanic sucess .

oh well then i will not disappoint ! thanks ! , i do try my hardest to get customers fixed up, next time put "attn Lou P" in the title. it will help, and not to brag but the higher end cars are way smarter than american cars so you get a leg up on all the newest tech stuff, i have been dealing with technologies for years that are just now coming out in chevy and fords lol, anywho, you let me know what you find at the prefuse box and we can go from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok sounds good the only mecedes com plaint. Is they should lock the air bags and not drop them when the battery dies and its stuck in park . Makes it hard to tow or move off the rd when broke down . Alot of tow people refuse to tow these cars
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the photos too. Very helpful !

well the airbags should not have lowered, that is not part of any safety at all , hopefully that does not mean we (you) have more issues.

actually i think i may be off , the diagram does not specify but i think that pyro is only for the hybrid model. so let me know if you see it there or not.

ok , if you access the rear battery , above it should be a black module that the positive cable goes to , we need to make sure power is coming out of all the lines out of the posts of that box. that is the electrical systems control module. have a good night , i will talk to you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay . There is actually a you tube video with a german speaker show the pyro fuse in trunk and its gas chargerd that ignites anytime the drivers air bag deploys and it has something to do with f32 fuse at the prefuse box by starter battery . Maybe you can check books at work tomorrow . I can send yoy pic of pre fuse box by starter battery . If you want some people say that had to be replaced . "The prefuse box "

here

i think we are on the same page

i will check back in the am, i have to go , Lou.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea pyro tech fuse blown in rear going to mercedes to get in morning

ok so it was in the power module? above the battery? did you jump power across to see if everything came to life?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We just waintn on fuse for tomorrow its 200 amo but you can visibly see its blown

ok good deal, let me know if you need more assistance after installing it, i will do my best to help, Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay i will rate you tomorrow but i can tell you know your stuff and. I am pleased so far thanks

ok i appreciate the comments, also keep in mind that rating does not end the conversation , i will always be here to help.