Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor ABS/BAS lights on, already

Customer Question

2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor
ABS/BAS lights on, already replaced brake light switch.
I am getting the following fault:
C1000- ESP & BAS control module faulty
C1010- terminal 87 undervoltage
C1025 ABS/Engine control module faultyAny ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If your vehicle is starting and running and all electronics operate properly and you do not see a battery or charge light on the dash with the engine running this usually indicates the voltage is o.k.

What you have here is a fault with the ESP/BAS/ABS control unit/ecu needing replaced.I have seen this fail before in the past and had to replace for the codes set here.This control unit is located on the anti lock brake hydraulic unit near the master cylinder.It is the electronic control unit attaches to the hydraulic unit.I have seen in some cases this cost over $1500 to have replaced unfortunately but with the codes set here this does sound like the cause with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete