Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

It says SRS malfunction Service Required. The car will not

Customer Question

Hi, it says SRS malfunction Service Required. The car will not start. Please help me
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: 2014 e350.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just stutters
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was working fine before this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that is fully compatible with this model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect the SRS (air bag fault) that is set is keeping the engine from starting or this is a low voltage issue due to a weak battery causing the SRS light to come on and the no start here.This will have to be checked into/tested further to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete