Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

We have the 2008 gl 450 but have no front blinkers. Well

Customer Question

We have the 2008 gl 450 but have no front blinkers. Well they flash three times then they quit. The rear works properly.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband check the connection and the bulbs are good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal electrical fault with the Front SAM control unit as this can fail/act up internally causing this issue here needing replaced.I have seen the Front SAM fail in the past before needing replaced for this fault here.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set using either a dealers SDS machine plugged into your model or a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I suspect the SAM control unit may need replaced.I would have the fuses checked as well to make sure they are all o.k.

If the SAM needs replaced this can cost over $500 to have replaced and has to be done by a Mercedes dealer as they have to program the new one to work in your model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete