Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 2009 S550 says ESP currently unavailable See owners

Customer Question

my 2009 S550 says ESP currently unavailable See owners manual comes on sometimes and than just goes away when i drive but when it does light up i cant swithc to reverse
JA: Do you know the code? When was the last time you had new tires mounted?
Customer: just bought it last october from pre certified MB neworleans dealer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: never d
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: had nothing ever done to it yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello, i have personally ran into this before, you have a communication error in the car, there is a shorted wire that is causing the communication system between modules to crash. the one i had , the wire for the passenger front seat was shorted to the frame and i was able to reproduce the issue by pressing on the seat back where the right shoulder area would be, that does not mean that yours will have the exact same issue , it can be the drivers seat as well, but this was a known issue with a bulletin. this will be very difficult to diagnose without a mercedes scan tool and the knowledge of the can data bus, i suggest a dealer since there have also been few after market independent shops that seem knowledgeable with the can system. hope this info helps, let me know if there is anything else i can assist with, Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.