MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have an 08 gl450 and theven previous owner had installed a

Customer Question

I have an 08 gl450 and theven previous owner had installed a after market radio, he gave me the factory unit and amp back, when I reinstalled
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Donto have a man or cover to tell me which one
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes let have a mechanical background just not much knowledge on mercedes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: When they put in the aftermarket they cut the red and orange wires on factory connector to radio is reconnected them and they also cut all of the color coded speaker wire
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not that I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, looking over your story its hard to tell what info you are looking for, can you clarify? it seems you are trying to reinstall the factory radio? and the wires were cut? please advise and i can help you get this fixed up. Lou p.