Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a huge problem with my 2005 ML350. I let a friend of

Customer Question

I have a huge problem with my 2005 ML350. I let a friend of mine work on my car because they said they could fix my A/C. Now my car won't start. He was messing with fuses and relays. I have had all the fuses checked and they are all fine. At first my car would start and then shut off seconds later. Then it started back up and I was able to drive it. I had left my car running while talking with a friend in a parking lot and when I got back into my car the battery light was on. I began to drive and it cut off while I was driving. I had it towed to my house. Since then I have replaced the battery but when I am able to get it started the battery light is still on and as soon as I step on the gas it shuts off. Could this be caused by a bad relay? Or maybe something with the computer?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This type of fault here can be caused by loose or corroded battery cables at the battery or leading from the battery as well as a weak alternator or cable connection issues at the alternator.It may also be a poor power connection to the under hood fuse panel as well.

I would have all of these checked into to help locate and repair this fault here.Usually one of these will be the cause needing corrected.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete