FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I replaced both of the batteries in my 2005 sl500 but the

Customer Question

I replaced both of the batteries in my 2005 sl500 but the battery light is still On
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: The batteries are brand new and no I haven't tested the alternator but the batteries aren't having problems. The light is just still on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well I'm hoping nothing needs to be fixed and it's just a way to reset the lights. I read something about a fuse
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: The fuse f52
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like the alternator is the issue. It is very common and when it stops charging the battery light will come on. I would take the vehicle to have the alternator load tested. Most auto parts stores can test this for you. it can also be a programming issue, but that is not as common. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.