Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I dont know. I am trying to find out how to bypass my

Customer Question

I dont know. I am trying to find out how to bypass my Immobilizer.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1998 Ml 320
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. I have replaced the ecm but I have the same problem. I also have the same problem with the valet key
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: the key stcks and I do have one key with a fob.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was about to order a crank sensor mod just in case. I have used upall eight keys and according to Mercedes, my valet key should start the car.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately the Immobilizer system can not be by-passed on your 320. In order to determine what is failing with it you are going to need to start with scanning the computer system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results, I will see if I can help you from there.