Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I am having a problem with my 2000 Mercedes S500. We had a

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my 2000 Mercedes S500. We had a huge rainstorm 2 weeks ago and this caused water flow in my front passenger seàt. Now my fuel gauge doesn't work, lights turn on and off o n the inside of the car, and when I turn the car off the brake light and when park lights stay on.
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: No ma am
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes hopefully.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Drying up the water.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not at the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** is a common problem on the S class. You will need to replace the rear fuse box and signal acquisition module located underneath the right rear seat cushion. Disconnect the negative battery cable before replacing the fuse box and module. You can purchase used ones on ebay. You will also need to clean the cowl drain at the air intake vent at the right side below the windshield. That's why the inside of the car flooded.

Let me know if you have any questions. PLEASE NOTE: You must rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question. If you do not rate my service I do not receive my portion of the question value from the website.