Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a mercedes 300CE 1989 6 cyl, I turn the ac on and is

Customer Question

Hello, I have a mercedes 300CE 1989 6 cyl, I turn the ac on and is blowing hot air only, I put a charge of a/c that I bought at advanced auto parts and is still blowing hot air only, the compressor is running good. What can this be?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** compressor itself may have failed or you may not have enough refrigerant in the system yet. You should get the system evacuated and recharged by a professional to be sure that the proper amount of refrigerant is in the system. The system pressure should be checked with pressure gauges to see if the compressor is working properly. If you are only getting hot air the problem will usually be either low refrigerant or a bad compressor or a blockage in the system such as a bad expansion valve or receiver drier. The heater hoses should also be blocked off to rule out a fault with the heater system.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.