Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

The inside passenger door handle of our C200 Kompressor

Customer Question

Hello the inside passenger door handle of our C200 Kompressor seems to be very loose and we can't open the door from inside obviously
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As I said the passenger side interior door handle seems to be just hanging loose when this happened there were no noises as if anything had broken just seems to have let go we hold it in with some cardboard and can't open from the inside
JA: Which part of the car is the noise coming from? Would you describe the noise as frequent or constant?
Customer: There were no noises at all and still none
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: That depends on whether there is an easy fix or not
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello depending on the year of your C class depends on what will need replaced. What year is your car ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Ok yes thanks , with that model it is common for the handle to break where the cable slides Into it. The problem is they do not sell the handle separately. You must buy the whole door panel and all the attaching parts. Removing the door panel is easy. the hard part is melting all the new plastic rivers and assembling the parts. Is this something you think you will attempt to do ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am prepared to give it a go

Ok gotcha. So if you give me your vin I can get you the parts list of what you need. It will also include the color code of the parts. OR I can get you the part number of the door panel and maybe you can check eBay for a used one and save the cost. It will have to be tomorrow morning or so for me to get the part numbers if they is ok. I will try and upload tonight but it most likely be tomorrow if that is ok.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Vin is WDD2040412A342703

ok i am here, going to see about getting you the parts list . thanks

ah, missing one vital piece of info, is it the front or rear passenger door ? and by passenger do you mean right side? since i am in usa is yours right hand drive? so you will need the left side correct?