Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My 2000 clk 430 convertible. I put the top down and noticed

Customer Question

My 2000 clk 430 convertible. I put the top down and noticed there was oil on the back of the car. When I was closing the roof I saw oil spil down and a wire hanging. Now I cant get into the trunk. also around the back window on the convertable top, I noticed the frame was cracked. I just had a mechanic change and fox the latch up in front that had broken off. But we cant get the trunk open to even get in back to where everything is. Help!!!
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: No. The door lock opens the doors. It just wont open the trunk.!!! Not even with the manual key.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Im hoping the guy who fixed the latch will fix the problem. But we cant even get into the trunk!!!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Im wondering if when the mechanic fixed the latch on the front of the roof, if he did not put it back together correctly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** the back of the roof is not locked the trunk will not open. Try pushing down very hard on the back of the roof where it engages into the rear lock while at the same time have a helper try to open the trunk either with the switch in the car or with the pushbutton. If you push down firmly you should be able to open the trunk.

Let me know how you make out.