sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I change the front struts on S550 4matic 08, now I have a

Customer Question

I change the front struts on S550 4matic 08, now I have a malfunction light on and its rides bouncey
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The warning light is on because the module that controls the system has seen an issue in a monitored component, set a fault code and has likely disabled the system giving the bouncy feel.

What was the reason for replacing the struts?
Outside of a visual inspection of components, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set. Do you know what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the struts was leaking air causing a bouncy ride, per dealership, there was no codes

If you're seeing a warning it's because there a is a fault code set, the reason warnings are displayed is because a problem is seen and a fault code has set. If you're seeing the warning then the first step in diagnosing the issue will be to see what fault codes have set, if no visible problems are found.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How To Reset The Code And Will Resetting The Code Stop The Bouncy Ride

The code can be cleared with a scan tool or a battery disconnect but that won't repair the problem, and if a problem is still present then the warning will come right back.