sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2005 mercedes sl500, 2 head lights side by side the smaller

Customer Question

2005 mercedes sl500, 2 head lights side by side the smaller of the 2 removing bulb what Is holding it in place? removed cover,unpluged elec. Bulb will not turn or pop out ??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are two ways I would expect the bulb to be held in.

The service information shows a plastic retainer ring behind the bulb. Once the bulb is unplugged then the retainer is turned counterclockwise to remove it and then the bulb can be removed.

This should be apparent though. If this isn't what you're seeing then you may have a wire retainer ring that goes behind the bulb and then is secured under a hook on the headlamp assembly. If this is what you have then you'll just unhook the one end, the retainer pivots on the opposite end, and once it's out of the way then the bulb will slide out.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am OTR truck driver, will not be home until Tuesday 6/14 will give it a try. I will follow up with you then

Great!