FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I have a 2010 S550 mercedes on my display it popped up sayin

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2010 S550 mercedes on my display it popped up sayin SOS TeleAid Inoperative & my radio is shutting off & turning back on more when i'm on the phone what could be the promblem the sos isnt staying on is coming on & off
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. This is typically caused by a COMMAND module issue. In most cases the computer can be updated and the system will work fine afterwards. In some cases the module will need to be replaced. I always reprogram it first to see if it will hold the new program. If not then the module will need to be replaced to fix the problem. This is very common on this and just about every other Mercedes with this system. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

If you reprogram it does it have to ve done on a computer or at the dealer and if i have to replace it where is it located ty

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

It would have to be programmed at the dealer or at a shop that has the correct equipment, which is rare for this system.