tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs

I have a 1986 300E Mercedes. Some one diagnosed that it

Customer Question

I have a 1986 300E Mercedes. Some one diagnosed that it needed the ac compressor as well as the blower replaced. It was done. Still there is a problem with the blower. I have to turn the ignition several times, sometimes six or seven, before the blower turns on. With the blower running the AC works fine. For the next few stops the blower comes back on when the engine is started first time. But if the car is not operated for say two hours I need to go through the same exercise again, turning the ignition six or more times to get the blower running. Without the blower working the driver's side and the passenger's side get very very hot. Can you help me with your expert advice though the car is not an Audi.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

there are a couple of things that can cause this,,the most common being the blower motor resister,but,we have seen these automatic climate control modules go bad and cause a simuler problem.

try a new resister first

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help