MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I just replaced the EGR on a 2003 E500 due to failing

Customer Question

I just replaced the EGR on a 2003 E500 due to failing emissions test and some sensors are not. This problem started due to the battery failed and I replaced it. The dealer said I needed to do a drive cycle to reset the computer. How long do I half to drive the car?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 106906, the battery was replaced yesterday.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I replaced the valve myself because I had a German car technician assist me. He replaced the battery and used a memory saver device that back up the cars ECCM settings. When we did the retest, some sensors were reading not ready failing the retest.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: There is no issues with car, only that the old EGR valve was seized causing the car to fail the emmisions test. The Mercedes dealership told us to do a drive cycle to reset the sensors that are not ready.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the drive cycle instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. That way you can print it out, as you will probably need to read it as you go.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,