Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I just bought a mercedes command online unit to upgrade the

Customer Question

I just bought a mercedes command online unit to upgrade the existing audio 20. My car model if w205 . How to unlock the anti thief protection. I do have the password *****
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car mercedes class w205 is currently having the AUDIO 20 . But recently i bought the command online unit to replace the audio
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the xentry tool
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: Nope. I just need to know to unlock the anti thief code . I have the code
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When you updated your old Audio 20 system with the command system there are some control units that need to be coded to recognize the Command system.This has to be done with a dealers SDS machine and can run around an hours time in most cases.

On the newer model vehicles the Command then needs unlocked with the SDS machine at a dealer connected to their online programming system to program it to operate.If this is an older model usually you would see dashes or the word CODE on the display if it wants you to manually input a code and if it does not show this when turned on then this has to be programmed to operate in your model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete