Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a W210 SW 2/2001 and have the code C1200 and p2404

Customer Question

I have a W210 SW 2/2001 and have the code C1200 and p2404 ,so my stoplight are not working and the ABD ASR light come on as soon I hid the brake pedal. I replace the brakelight switch already 2 times and adjusted it correct with 1,2 mm. NO changes. But I also have recognized the light come on when the car seating in hot sun for hours and it will come on by wet weather ,under regular condition the brake light will work perfect and will not stay on. Each time you restart the car it will go off. .What you think that could be ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it sounds to me like the issue is with the K40 relay module in the passenger side fuse box, if you have a test light we can trace the circuit into the relay module to see if that is the issue. heat would definitely affect it, as if it is a solder that is loose then when it gets hot it will make contact, so let me know if you know how to do testing and i can walk you through it. Lou