Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

My 1985 380sl stopped starting one morning. It sounds like

Customer Question

My 1985 380sl stopped starting one morning. It sounds like it will start at any minute., but seems flooded. It had been tuned up. Rebuilt fuel distributor, new fuel pump, filter, etc. I was told that while I am cranking the engine, black smoke comes out of the exhaust. Pouring gas down the throttle body does not work.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 95,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, one day it was running, the next morning, it didn't start. I thought it was out of gas.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put gad in it, starting fluid, gas in TB I also swapped-out a working cold start injector.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: That's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you ?
Have we checked if we getting spark ?
Have we checked all fuse ?
let me know .
Thank You
Chad. aka.Customer