Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Marty , we change the balance shaft ourself at our garage

Customer Question

Hey Marty , we change the balance shaft ourself at our garage wich we deal with transmission most of the time ... everything went very well when we started the engine it gave me misfire cylinder 4-5-6 , plugs are ok compression is 150 all looks very well , i called mercedes and the told me that probably the gear cams are not well installed that probably it is not in his position . How can i know what position is the right one , i turn the poulie to 305 and the numbers on the cams gear are ok
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, if your numbers are visible in the cam sensor holes and if there are no fault codes stored for camshaft position I don't think the problem will be with the camshaft timing. I've attached some information below for checking and setting the camshaft timing.