Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My AC or heater won't work the button in the cabin light up

Customer Question

My AC or heater won't work the button in the cabin light up but air not coming in
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaking lately?
Customer: 100777
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I did but didn't think it was my car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just try to cut it on it came on for a bit then slowly cut off
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello what year and model do you have ? Also are you saying that the unit seems to work except there is no air flow ? If so it sounds like a failed blower resistor or blower motor. Let me know the year and model and I can surely assist. Lou P

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2008 ml350
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the unit work but no air flow

Ok so all the lights work ok when moving the dials to different temperatures ? The blower fuse is under the passenger seat. So if you have a meter we will need to first check for power at the blower resister and then the motor. Then we access the fuse. If needed. The blower is easier to access then the fuse lol.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have a meter

Ok a test light will do , got one ? Or do the punch test :) remove the black panel under the passenger side of the dash. Then turn the air on high. Then hit the case where it is big and round that is the blower. If it comes on then the blower is the issue. If not then we have to test the blower and resistor.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing came on
Ok then we have to remove the blower and access the regulator , it's mounted in with the blower. Then we have to test for power.

.