Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I balenced my tire and the front body dropped a lot so I got

Customer Question

I balenced my tire and the front body dropped a lot so I got warning signs .
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: so I have to stop then the front body rising up little bit then I can drive.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't know but at least want to know what is real problem is that the air shack ?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I just got that car and 2002 s430, 128000 on it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: the trunk is not open so I have to open by manually.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

Hi, this is a problem with the air suspension strut on that side of the car. When you jacked up the car the outer bellows probably separated from the strut. If you can get the bellows pushed back onto the strut you will probably be able to get air back into it. If you have no success you will need to replace the strut. This will probably happen again if you jack up that side of the car.

Let me know if you have you have any questions.

Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.

Marty