MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have been told I need to replace the ignition switch -

Customer Question

I have been told I need to replace the ignition switch - given the cost I would like to source the part direct and arrange someone to do the installation
JA: Ignition switch issues can be tricky, but with the right information -- fixable. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Not a great deal I think around 60,000km
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have had it with a mechanic today who has advised it needs to be replaced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I am hoping to source the part directly and find someone to fix it
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: No apart from this issue it is in great condition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
JA: I was under the impression you had someone technical on standby to help me. Having now paid the situation appears different ie it might take a day to hear back. If that is the case I want to cancel the payment I just made and receive a refund
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 7 months ago.

Hello , maybe I can help ?

you there ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yep
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Joe I did reply are you around right now?