Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I am trying to connect my iPhone 6plus to my GLK 350 and it

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my iPhone 6plus to my GLK 350 and it continues to as unable to authorise
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it is discovered on the phone, it can be seen on the dash of the Benz but will not connect.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I just got the car yesterday
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 39000 miles
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

In allot of cases the software of the Telematics in your model here need to be updated by a dealer in order for the newer model phones to work properly.I have run across this several times before and had to update the software in the vehicle itself for this issue here.I would have a dealer check and update the software as needed on this model here to see if this corrects the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete