rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My CLMercedes air-control will not activate the air-control

Customer Question

My CL(###) ###-####Mercedes air-control will not activate the air-control displays off and cannot be put on.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go

There can be a couple reasons for this, one would be a computer malfunction, the other would be a communication issue from the switch to the to computer. Either way, a scan tool would be needed to test the system for that fault.

Thanks, Ron