MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I went over a set of railroad tracks Tuesday and while

Customer Question

I went over a set of railroad tracks Tuesday and while driving my rear lowered itself and I'm seeing active body control visit workshop . I took it to a mechanic who tried to reset I guess with a computer and key chips but the system wouldn't let him in so he said I would need a module but still no luck . the car will raise in front but won't do it in back and I can hear something trying to lift in the rear but it does nothin
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Its a 2001 s430
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: I do NOT have a ABC button only the button to make the car raise so it seems as if the rear shocks have locked on purpose
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, so what is the current position of the rear shocks? and the vehicle level?

have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir? did you notice and fluid leaks around the shocks or the left rear wheel well between the door and the wheel well?