Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Is there a way to bypass or fool a 2015 Mercedes Sprinter

Customer Question

Is there a way to bypass or fool a 2015 Mercedes Sprinter into thinking it's not running so it can be locked/unlocked via factory remote while running? It's basically a 7 passenger limo so turning on and off isn't an option
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, there is no way to do that specifically. the modules responsible for the running of the engine communicate to other modules in the van so its not a simple on off signal. the only way to do this would be to lock the van while running with the switch in the dash and the drivers door closed, then you can exit out of the passenger front door and close that while its locked. or if you purchase a straight key without remote you can leave out of the drivers door and lock the van while its running. the only thing that is disabled is the electronic locks via the remote , you can still manually lock it. if you give me your vin i can see if there is a straight blade only available. Lou P

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Appreciate it if got a straight laser key without remote. Can't believe they do them like that.

well its all for theft prevention . im looking up the key part number now but i need the vin to be 100% sure, either way you need to go to the dealer to purchase one. they are made specifically to order. and they come from the home office in new jersey.

A9067600506

that is the part number i came up with. hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.