Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I need to remove and replace the radiator cooling fan

Customer Question

I need to remove and replace the radiator cooling fan assembly on a 2001 Mercedes Benz s500. I have removed the 2 bolts that attach the fan to the radiator but there are several hoses blocking the removal. Which hoses do I have to detach?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not removed any hoses. I removed only the 2 bolts that attach the fan yo the radiator.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not that I am aware of or that I know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.
Hello. Do you also have the cross brace removed ? Let me pull up the instructions. From what I remember you have to also pull up the crossmember and loosen the top 19mm trans cooler line. You should have to remove the radiator hoses. I think the fan skips out around them. Lou P. Let me double check the work info.

Here are the factory instructions. hope this helps. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !