Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Pavlin I am trying to contact you regarding another thread

Customer Question

Pavlin I am trying to contact you regarding another thread you worked a couple of years ago. old thread is here http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/8cp4b-2500-2004-sprinter-2500-central-locking-switch-dash-not.html
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all this should be done and should be done with either a dealers sds machine or fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model here.Once this is done if any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.If you can post any fault code info here this will help just let me know.This may be an issue with another control module not sending the correct signals.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Pete,

1) I asked my question to one specific person who was listed as online when I asked. It appears that this site makes it appear that "experts" are online but in fact they are not.

2) I don't want to give you a bad rating but I am not going to pay someone $37 to tell me to read my codes. Unfortunately this site forces me to give you a rating of "bad service, poor service, ok service, good service, or excellent service". Can you suggest what I should do to get a refund from this site?

I have solved my problem; the dash switch worked intermittently. When I took the switch apart, I noticed that there was a mechanical rocker in the contact block that did not function properly. I was able to repair the switch.

Please advise how I might get a refund without damaging your reputation on this site.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

That is great to hear the fault has been located and repaired.I had posted as I saw no one else here had posted to help with this and wanted to let you know I was here to try and help if at all possible.I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete