Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2009 Smart ForTwo Cabrio VIN: WMEEK31X49K232987 -

Customer Question

2009 Smart ForTwo Cabrio VIN: WMEEK31X49K232987
- convertible top doesn't function (currently open)
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

This can be due to an issue with a faulty micro switch sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in.I have also seen the top motor fail internally and can cause this here needing replaced.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle especially the roof computer.Once this is done the codes can then be diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete