MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 1995 c220, 4 speed automatic transmission that

Customer Question

I have a 1995 c220, 4 speed automatic transmission that shifts to 3rd but won't go into 4th
JA: Many things can cause problems with an automatic transmission. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It makes a hard loud clicking sound when I go reverse, then I put it in drive it shifts to 3rd, I can pull the shifter stick from drive to 3rd and back to drive no change in down shift or upshift.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I had hoped toof, my 1st benz was a 220D never had a problem with it. This is my 2nd. I work on ford's and GAS a lot but never a benz.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Don't think so,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, any warning lights on?

Does it matter whether it is cold or warmed up?

And I need to get the last 8 of the vin to make sure I have the correct transmission schematics