MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My key will not turn ignition on or ulock steering.sometimes

Customer Question

My key will not turn ignition on or ulock steering.sometimes doesn't let me pull key out
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Key when in ignition doesn't turn either way so can't unlock steering.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes it just started was told to spray cleaner into ignition
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned the key sprayed cleaner worked then it did it again wouldn't let me retrieve key and steering wheel licked
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: No just this is the first its done it couldn't put windows up either some of the rfaming around ignition feels a little loose
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, what year and model do you have?

also how many keys do you have?